Making the right property choice means doing your homework before you fall in love with your next home. Remember, viewing a property is essential, as photos and marketing material might only show certain aspects of the property. People are often surprised about just how much or how little they like a short-listed property during their viewings.
- View as many similar properties as possible. This will give you a good idea about value for money and also help you to focus on where your own priorities lie.
- Read carefully through the Home Report before you view the property. The Home Report is full of valuable information about the fabric of the building and the way that it is valued for mortgage purposes.
- On your way to the property, have a good look around the area and note things that you like or dislike.
- Once at the viewing, don’t be shy to ask the owner questions. After all, they should know the property and the area better than anyone else!
- If you like a property, book a second viewing. This time, try to visit at a different time of day, or a different day of the week. This should give you a better idea of the area when it comes to traffic, neighbours and nightlife.