We are always interested to hear from people who may be able to strengthen our business and if you feel you would be great fit for the team, then get in touch.
Keep an out for any opportunities we have for working with us.
Due to the continued high demand in the Edinburgh property market, we are looking to recruit an additional Residential Conveyancing Solicitor and Legal Secretary to join our well-established team. These roles will initially be based within our Newington offices, however, due to a proposed relocation later in the year, office location will change in due course to new premises within the Edinburgh area.
As a result of ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, our offices are still closed to the public. As such, some aspects of these roles will have to be adapted and candidates should be prepared to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances.
VACANCY: RESIDENTIAL CONVEYANCING SECRETARY (FULL TIME)
SALARY: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
As a Legal Secretary at VMH, you will enjoy a high level of responsibility and client contact, and must demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to “muck in” to ensure the smooth running of the office. Using our ‘Instant Office’ case management system, duties will include audio typing & all other admin tasks associated with residential conveyancing transactions; handling telephone enquiries & greeting clients coming into the office; ensuring Anti Money Laundering Regulations are complied with as well as a range of other office duties as required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience (1 year +) working as a Residential Conveyancing Secretary in Scotland (preferably Edinburgh) is essential.
- A good understanding of the administrative processes involved in conveyancing transactions, for example, LBTT forms, registration of deeds.
- Strong audio typing skills, offering excellent speeds and a high level of accuracy
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word & Excel
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills & professional telephone manner
- Ability to deal with clients & colleagues in a courteous & professional manner
- Ability to remain calm in difficult or pressured situations
TO APPLY for either role, please send a copy of your current CV, together with a covering letter detailing why you think you are suitable for the position, to:
Caroline McCleery, Practice Manager, VMH Solicitors, 10 South Clerk Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9JE.