After the long, wet and cold Winter we have experienced, Spring couldn’t have come fast enough! Now that Spring has finally arrived, it’s time to boost your selling potential in the most active property selling months of the year.
Why is Spring the best time to sell?
Statistically, March through to May (along with June) is the best time of the year to sell a property because buyers are out in force. Buyers with children are looking to secure a home close to their preferred school before the new term. For families with older children, spring is the prime time to consider buying university accommodation.
So how can you get your home market ready this Spring? Just follow our Top Tips below…
- First Impressions Count – You never get a second chance to make a first impression! Spruce up your entrance, dust down your door mat and bring the aromas of spring into your home by displaying reed diffusers, freshly cut flowers or scented plants.
- Staging with Bright Colours – Add accent colours and patterns into each room with colourful pillows, candles and art work.
- De-Clutter – Box up your winter wardrobe and throws and store away in your attic or outbuilding. Buyers will be impressed with all the available storage space in your property.
- Spring Cleaning – A sparkling home will appeal more to buyers. Grab your marigolds and get to work!
- Utilise the Natural Light – Properties often look their best in the warmer months due to the sun’s natural light opening up rooms and creating the illusion of a bigger home. Make sure windows are clean and keep blinds and curtains open when viewings are taking place, ensuring as much natural light can get in as possible.
- Love Your Garden – Ensure your garden looks as good as it can by clearing away any winter debris, hose down your patio and plant some colourful flowers/ plants.
Well, what are you waiting for? Spring in to action now!