Our business is open however our premises are closed to the public unless a pre-arranged appointment as been agreed.
We have a team of staff working from home who can offer advice on your property sale or purchase, preparing a Will or Power of Attorney, and answer any questions you may have relating to the property market.
With affect from Monday 29th June 2020, Government guidelines will once again permit ‘in person’ viewings and property valuations subject to social distancing.
VMH Guidance on Viewing Homes during Covid-19
These notes have been prepared to assist sellers and buyers when carrying out physical viewings in relation to the preparation of a sale or purchase of property.
All viewings should take place by appointment and only involve members of a single household.
Where a virtual viewing or video tour of the property is available, we will ask that buyers utilise this option before any physical viewing is booked.
We expect all buyers to be able to purchase the property they are viewing. You should have 1. a valid Agreement In Principle from your lender, 2. your own property on the market if selling and 3. have a solicitor appointed to act on your behalf. It may be the case that we ask to verify this information with you or your solicitor.
Please observe the following –
- Viewings should be conducted by appointment only and no open house viewings should take place.
- Physical viewings should only be conducted where people are seriously considering making an offer on a property, and a virtual viewing is not possible.
- If your property is being viewed, while you are living in it, you should open all the internal doors prior to the viewing.
- Where possible, all members of the household should vacate the property whilst viewings are taking place, unless you are conducting the viewing, in order to minimise contact with those not in your household.
- Before viewing a property, all parties should wash their hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand rub (hand sanitiser) and avoid touching surfaces where possible.
- The government recommends that people wear a face-covering during any viewing or valuation activities related to moving home.
- You should restrict the number of people who accompany you on a viewing so that physical distancing can be practised. Only those in your immediate household and/or your agent should accompany you.
- All surfaces, such as door handles, should be cleaned with standard household cleaning products before and after each viewing and towels disposed of safely or washed as appropriate.
If any member of either the household being viewed or the household undertaking a viewing is showing symptoms of COVID-19 or is self-isolating, then a physical viewing should be delayed.
We’ll also be providing regular updates on the property market so keep an eye on our News Page and social media channels.
Thank you for your co-operation,
The team at VMH