Advice for First Time Buyers
Getting a foot on the property ladder is an exciting venture but before you start trawling property websites and the property papers, there are a lot of important aspects to consider, which can leave your head swimming. So who do you ask for advice?
Family and friends might share tales and pearls of wisdom, but when it comes to buying your first home, you really need to seek advice from experienced professionals. At VMH we help you understand the implications of buying a property, giving you all the answers you need.
By providing professional advice and a friendly ear whenever you need it, we strive to take some of the worry out of the process, leaving you free to enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience. We start by offering a free no-obligation consultation, which is specifically designed to help first time buyers understand the property-buying process and associated costs from the outset.
What to expect at the consultation
Consultations are held by appointment at one of our centrally located offices in Edinburgh but we’re also happy to conduct consultations over the phone or via email to accommodate your schedule.
Our friendly and informal consultations give you the chance to ask as many questions as you like, without the meter running! And remember: there’s no such thing as silly questions when it comes to buying your first home.
Our consultation will cover
- The Scottish property buying system
- Where to look for property
- Tips for viewings (e.g. key questions to ask)
- Recent sale prices achieved for property in Edinburgh and the Lothians
- Advice on making an offer or registering a note of interest
- A detailed quote of legal costs and outlays (we offer a fixed fee for conveyancing and we don’t charge for unsuccessful offers)
- Mortgage advice and referral to an independent mortgage broker, if required
So if you’re keen to get onto the property ladder, make VMH your first port of call. Contact us now to arrange a free, no obligation consultation.